Thursday, December 1, 2011

Oh My, How Time Does Fly...

Hey again readers!

Here it is again... December 1st... A day that always manages to bring to me both joy and a sense of how fast time flies... It seems like just yesterday that I was at my grandparents' home on Christmas eve opening presents with my cousins, or at school dressed as Mary and rehearsing for the third grade nativity play, or Christmas shopping with my mum and sisters during my last winter holidays at secondary school, or preparing rehearsals for the Savio College Christmas Pageant when I was 19... And now, here I am, at the ripe old age of 22, still as crazy about Christmas as ever

Each December seems to take ages to arrive, but once it does, be careful not to blink, or you'll miss it... I don't know whether it's all the holidays December brings with it, the fact that everyone's rushing around doing everything at twice the normal speed because "we're all just so busy", the abnormal amount of food and alcohol we process during the various lunches/dinners/parties for Christmas and New Year's, or just the fact that, as Mr. Andy Williams so aptly puts it, "It's the most wonderful time of the year!"

As a treat this year, I'm trying out something totally new - I'm co-writing a Christmas song with the Divine Sinners - a Gozitan band who I've become quite a fan of and who have written some really funky/different songs. I've always wanted to write a Christmas song, and I couldn't have found better people to write it with! I'm really looking forward to release the final product, but for now, it's still in the early stages, so wish us luck! (And, in the meantime, check out their divine YouTube channel and give their songs a listen...)

I hope you're all having a busy December! :)
Cheryl
 xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment