Monday, March 12, 2012

Beauty Challenge/Review - Essence MySkin Face Wipes & Moisturiser (12/03/12)

Good morning all you beautiful people!

Today I'm bringing you a post about something I've never really done before, and I'm kind of excited to see how it's going to work out...

Now, as I don't usually wear much make-up on my face everyday, I do tend to sleep without having washed my face sometimes (yes, I'm a bit lazy in that, but I am trying to get better!)... I know that doing so clogs pores and is in general not good for your face, so I decided to try some new products to help me change my wicked ways...

I've decided to place a beauty challenge on myself, in order to properly see how my recent Essence MySkin purchases fare on "my skin" (pardon the pun)... I'm talking mainly about the Essence MySkin Caring Cleansing Wipes (in Pomegranate and Bamboo) and the Intensively Caring Cream (also in Pomegranate and Bamboo), however, I've also purchased the MySkin Moisturising Cream-Gel in Cucumber and Lime, but will be testing it at a later date. I decided to give these products a try mainly because I'd previously been using another brand of face wipes and moisturiser (namely Simple's Cleansing Facial Wipes and Hydrating Light Moisturiser), but since they're a bit more expensive, it would be brilliant if I could use the Essence ones and save some cash...

top row, left to right: Essence MySkin Intensive Caring Cream in Pomegranate and Bamboo; Essence MySkin Moisturising Cream-Gel in Cucumber and Lime
bottom row: Essence MySkin Caring Cleansing Wipes in Pomegranate and Bamboo






















I started the "challenge" last Monday (5th March 2012) by incorporating the wipes into my usual nightly routine... Below is the video I recorded yesterday, to review the products and their effectiveness at the end of the week:


As I said in the video, the wipes and cream smell amazing! I love the smell of Pomegranate, so for me it was an added bonus. The prices are €1.69 for the wipes and €2.19 for the moisturisers, which I think is brilliant, as the face wipes' pack contains 25 wipes (almost a month's worth) and they remove make-up very well, and the moisturisers contain 50ml, which will most probably last a very long time!

Since I'm enjoying these items so much, I'm considering buying the MySkin 4-in-1 cleansing cream (also in Pomegranate and Bamboo), which - according to the Essence website - "is a true all-rounder. it effectively cleanses your skin and refines your pores as well as providing moisture and a long-lasting mattifying effect. thanks to its special texture, this new cleansing cream is a peeling, a face mask and a cream – all at once! valuable pomegranate and bamboo extracts turn your daily cleansing ritual into a lovely pampering session." I have absolutely no doubt about the last sentence, as the fragrance alone is enough to send me into a world of bliss... But it would be brilliant to know if it actually does all it's meant to, as that would mean that my Saturday morning face-pampering session would mean less bottles of face washes, scrubs, masks and toners, and more space on my shelf in the bathroom cupboard (which is super valuable when you have 2 sisters who also require space for their own supplies)!

As I also mentioned in my video (but forgot to take a photo of - *groan*) I use the Body Shop's Born Lippy Lipbalm in Passionberry because a: is smells amazing, b: lasts ages and c: actually moisturises lips, whereas other lip balms I've tried (and believe me, I've tried a lot) just last a few minutes on the lips then disappear again. Lara from Every Beauty Addict's Bible wrote a post reviewing this product in further detail, so you should definitely check it out!

Anyway, that's all with regards to this beauty challenge/review! I hope you've found it useful, and don't forget to comment if you have any other suggestions for posts/videos, or if you've tried these products out yourself and agree/disagree! :)

Cheryl
 xXx 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention Cheryl :) Will try the MySkin range after reading your review :) xx

    ReplyDelete