Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Grandpa Wants His Cardi Back... (13/11/12)

I know, I know... It's been a while (again)...

This post was inspired by longing for wintry weather (or as close to it as we get here in Malta, anyway...), mostly brought on by a Christmas Tree shopping trip with mum last Saturday, plus listening to Christmas songs... (Yes. I know. It's still mid-November... Lay off me...)

Lately I've been fantasising about big, cosy knits, particularly Fairisle patterns - they are sooooo adorable, plus they remind me of the large printed cardis my Granpas (and dad) would wear in the winter.... In fact, I remember Dad had this cream-coloured cardi which had huge brown buttons, and was so soft, I used to love to sneak it out of his wardrobe as a munchkin and wrap myself in it... I guess I never out-grew that feeling... Thankfully, big knits are back, and I've invested in 4 amazing new wooly delights courtesy of Terranova and New Look - will post pictures of them as soon as I've snapped some ;) but in the meantime here are the links to two of the New Look ones (the others aren't available online): Grey and Pink Leopard Print Boxy Jumper ; Navy and Red Fairisle Boyfriend Cardigan 

Anyway, so great is my longing for cold weather and warm knits, that I even created a Polyvore set:

 

Yes - I adore the large "grandpa" Christmas prints! They're so cheerful and cuddly-looking!

Anyway, enough gushing!! That's all for today's post, but I'm working on a few OOTDs, so stay tuned for those... *wink wink*

Cheryl
 xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment