Tuesday, December 18, 2012

NOTW - Tinsel and Holly (18/12/12)

Hey there everyone!

Kindly excuse my prolonged absence - I'm currently going through a series of events (some unfortunate, some not so much) and was lacking in time (and, admittedly, inspiration) for blog posts...

However, yesterday evening, inspiration struck in the form of an awesome Christmassy nail tutorial by one of my favourite nail bloggers - Nailside... It's so simple, yet so chic and festive that I absolutely had to try it!

My Tinsel & Holly design (above) - inspired by Nailside's Holly Leaf design (below)

It's basically all glittery-gold - I used Essence's Go Bold! (a shimmery gold colour) and Essence's Gold Fever (a gold and red glitter) - with a (really easy to do!) holly leaf design - using Catrice's King of Greens (a metallic grassy green) as a base, Essence's Walk on the Wild Side (a dark mossy green) for the tip and leaf-vein design, and Max Factor's Wine Red (a bright Christmassy red) for the berries - and, of course, topped off with Essence's Gel-Look Top Coat. Although the leaf bit looks tricky, it's actually quite easy to do - trust me, I've got the least steady hands in the world, and somehow I managed to pull it off! Go to Jane's (Nailside) blog for easy step-by-step instructions on this and many other awesome designs!

I hope you're all well! Have a happy and safe Christmas!

Cheryl
 xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment