Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Nails Of The Week - Pastel Princess (28/02/12)

Hey everyone!

Sorry for having disappeared for a while, I really missed writing here, but my personal life was going through a bit of a shuffle, and my poor blog had to go to the back burner for a while... But I'm back, and in the words of Norma Desmond: "this time will be bigger and brighter than we knew it!"

Today I'm going to show you my Nails of the Week... Being the optimist that I am, when I finally get the time to paint my nails, I expect them to stay that way for a whole week... As you can probably imagine, I've not had much luck so far, but here's hoping... :) Last Friday's gorgeous weather inspired me to get in touch with my pastel side, a side that's been hidden beneath the many layers, scarves, beanies and jackets of these past few weeks...

I personally love pastels, for me they're the fashion and beauty equivalent of flowers blooming, baby birds cheeping and little bunnies hopping merrily when it comes to heralding Springtime. Since it is still the end of February (and Spring is a good 23 days away) - and since I have yet to stock up on any good pastels, clothing-wise - I decided to celebrate the break from the gloomy London-esque weather by breaking out my pastel polishes. To avoid being to "out there", I opted for a simple baby pink and lilac manicure, as shown below:

Pretty straight-forward as you can see; I used OPI's Mod About You on my thumbs, indexes, middle fingers and pinkies, and then added a surprising twist with Essence's Found My Love on my ring fingers. 
A closer look at the nail polishes used:
Essence's Found My Love:
 

OPI's Mod About You:

 

I must say that so far, so good. I painted them on Sunday, and only found a couple of chips this morning, both of which on Mod About You, which is hardly surprising, as OPI have a tendency of chipping super easily, despite the two layers of top-coat I applied. In fact, if it weren't for the fact that they have such a lovely range of colours (and, let's face it, kick-ass names), I wouldn't even have considered buying OPI polishes, as they cost about €10 a bottle, and have a very watery texture, which results in easy chipping and the need of multiple layers of colour to get an even finish. The Essence polishes, however are amazing! They come in a vast variety of colours (perhaps a tad less than OPI), and at just €1.95 each, they're brilliantly priced!


Anyway, that's basically it for my NOTW post. Stay tuned for yesterday's FOTN (Face Of The Night) post, coming up soon! :)
Cheryl
 xXx  


No comments:

Post a Comment