Monday, January 30, 2012

"Windows" Shopping (30/01/12) - Why I will never understand velvet...

I know fashion is all about mixing prints and textures... But there's one thing I can't understand...

Why on Earth has VELVET come back in style, and why is everyone going banana-skins over it?! It's a horrible material, it clings to all the wrong places, it's very unflattering (unless you happen to be a size 2 - 6), it catches the light in a terrible way, and just reminds me of an old couch we had in our sitting room, which used to give me horrible shivers whenever I ran my hands over it... *ugh*

Nope, no one could ever convert me to this:

Let's just cite "irreconcilable differences" and move along...

Cheryl
 xXx

6 comments:

  1. That dress isn't flattering, at all - so I see what you mean hehe. It's not my favourite material in the world, but it does have its moments. I don't mind it as a blazer, but not as pants. You can almost never say never in fashion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I DID choose a rather ugly dress... But I only did it to emphasize my point... Perhaps the same could be said about a particular pair of pink platformed pumps...? ;)

      Delete
  2. You're right, especially about this dress... lol
    Love velvet leggings, though!

    xx
    Jackie from GlitterandScissors...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm, no, I don't think I'd manage velvet leggings either.... The ONLY thing that I MIGHT consider would be a bag.... And even that would be toeing the line of "Yuckness"... xD
      Thanks for your comment, though! :)

      Cheryl
      xXx

      Delete
  3. I have to agree and I've not admitted it before...but I hate velvet too.

    The only exception to my hatred is maybe bags or shoes/slippers. But never clothes!

    Elle xx
    www.beautyshewrote.info

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said above, even a bag would be bordering the "Oh God, Please No!" line, so I think it's safe to say that velvet will never be found in my wardrobe... xD

      Love your blog btw! :)

      Cheryl
      xXx

      Delete