Monday, March 26, 2012

Movie Magic - A Smashing Success! (25/03/12)

As many of you might have noticed, my last few blog posts have been mostly about one particular thing - Movie Magic. Hardly surprising really, when for the last month it has basically been the main focus of my after-work life... (not that I'm complaining... ;D)

A great amount of hard work and effort by so many talented people came to a climax last weekend, when we performed our hearts out in front of a full theatre of people (on both nights) and gave what I think was an amazing performance!

I am so thankful for everyone who took part: the seamstresses and wardrobe helpers, the backstage crew and all those who built the set/special effects, the light and sound engineers who helped create the atmosphere to our performances, the hair and make-up team, all the dancers - not being much of a dancer myself, I especially admire you all for your energy!!, my fellow singers - Fiona, Franklin, Aldo, Chaya, Paul, Danielle and Norma - with whom I spent many a-happy hour singing, and last but definitely not least, Edwina and Tonio, who took it upon themselves to make this dream into reality! If it weren't for their hard work, effort, dedication and imagination, the show would not have been the success it was!

As much as I'm going to miss all the rehearsals/singing/laughing, I can honestly say that the "break" from rehearsing will be a welcomed one (and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's feeling this way at the moment...)

Here are just a few of my favourite photos from yesterday night (it was so manic backstage, that I only managed a few hurried snaps here and there...) :

Tonio - the Director - and myself :) This man is the reason I started acting on the stage of the Salesian Theatre, and for that I am forever grateful! :D xxxx


Aldo - who sang "There's a Place for Us" from The Chronicles of Narnia and "The Phantom of the Opera" - and myself

Some "Wizard of Oz" action - The Munchkin Mayor (played by Ryan), Dorothy (played by Fiona), Carlo (who helped backstage) and our youngest cast member - Chiara :)
Myself and Joanne - who played Glinda (I <3 that dress!!)

JP as the Scarecrow

David as the Tin Man (obviously NOT impressed by my impression of him... :P)

Gabby as the Cowardly Lion :)

Myself and Dario, who as well as being an amazing singer, also choreographed the dance for "We Are" which I sang... :)

Fiona (Dorothy), Franklin (who played Danny Zuko from Grease) and myself (in my "Hairspray" costume)

Hahahaha, gotta love that wig! (with Mumu, who was wearing his "Saturday Night Fever" wig)

Myself and the (very talented) Genie of the Lamp from "Aladdin"...

This lovely woman had the (very) daunting task of helping me change from my "You're the One That I Want" outfit to my "Summer Nights" dress in just a few seconds... :)

With the beautiful and talented Edwina (who choreographed almost all the dances and also was very patient with us all!)
That's all for today! I'll try and post some more this week (maybe even a haul and a nail polish/make-up collection.....)

Cheryl
 xXx 

No comments:

Post a Comment