Wednesday, October 24, 2012

No More Happily-Ever-After....? (24/10/12)

I have a problem..... 

I have started watching Once Upon A Time (yes, I know I'm a year late...) and have become practically hooked on the damn thing... Not only does in involve all my favourite fairy-tale characters, but their stories have been twisted into more interesting (modernised?) ones plus their costumes and make-up are just too awesome!!

Seeing as how it's Hallowe'en this weekend, I've come up with a few costumes relating to the Once Upon A Time theme, mostly inspired by the many Disney villains (because, yes, I believe that Once Upon A Time villains are mostly based on their Disney counterparts)...
As you'll notice, I've given each character a particular colour scheme, depending on what colour I associate with each.

The first is Regina, the evil queen from Snow White (colour of choice - Burgandy)

I chose this outfit because to me, Regina is quite subtle in her evil-ness... She's not as manic as typical villains, and has a certain kind of sex-appeal (which was probably the King's downfall in the first place). I couldn't resist adding an apple ring and leather cape...

Next is Maleficent - the villain from my favourite story, The Sleeping Beauty (colour of choice - Purple)


Maleficent was without a doubt the Disney villain which caused me the most nightmare as a child, and considering the fact that I used to watch the video countless times since Aurora is my favourite Disney heroine (along with Pocahontas and Megara), you'd think that she'd have stopped being so scary after a while - nope...!

One of the funniest villains - Cruella De Ville (colour of choice - Black & White)

Ahhh, Cruella... I remember that for a long time I associated those long vintage cigarette holders and long gloves with her, rather than Ms. Holly Golightly... Apart from the highly frowned-upon penchant for animal furs, you have to admit that she's a damned stylish villain!

An oldie but a goodie - Lady Tremaine - aka the evil stepmother from Cinderella. (colour of choice - Navy)



I chose navy blue out of all the colours Lady Tremaine wears because she keeps Cinderella under very tight orders - very militantly - so I thought the colour would compliment that... That and the fact that she thought very highly of herself...

The final villainess was quite a tricky one to interpret - Ursula from The Little Mermaid. (colour of choice - Turqouise)


Now, I decided to look to the Broadway version of Ursula's costume, and came up with the above. Note the seashell earrings and the snake-like ring (in memory of her "poor little poopsies" Flotsam and Jetsam)

I hope you like these ideas... Might be doing a "good-guy" verson later on this week...

Cheryl
 xXx

3 comments:

  1. I started watching Once upon a time and never finished it! Think I may have to finish it soon, it is such a good idea for a television show :-) Everyone loves a fairytale!!!! I like all your outfits! So much thought has gone into them- and I think they resemble the characters well!

    lovelettersandsnippets

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment Hannah! :)

      Cheryl
      xXx

      Delete
  2. I really like how the outfit is combined with the make up. I like :)

    ReplyDelete