Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Vamp-Me-Up lip tutorial (02/10/12)

Hey everyone!

Something relatively new for me - a mini make-up tutorial featuring one of my newest Catrice Ultimate Colour lipsticks - 160 Tell Me A Berry-tale - as well as my Catrice Precision Lipliner in 60 Very Berry and my Rimmel lipstick in 38 In Vogue.

As you've probably heard/seen/read, two of this fall's hottest (and most daring) lip trends are duo-chrome lips and dark berry colours. In today's tutorial I decided it would be fun to mash the two together into one (pretty cool) lip tutorial.

First of all, apply your favourite lip balm - flaky lips look nasty no matter how fierce the colour you use is! Once that is done, line lips with a dark plum colour. I used Catrice's Very Berry as the colour matches my lipstick perfectly. Also, Catrice lipliners are my absolute faves because they are retractable, creamy and very easy to work with, thus providing precise application!

Catrice Precision Lipliner in 60 - Verry Berry
Next step is to apply your deep purple/plum lipstick (as you know, mine is Catrice's Tell Me A Berry-tale). It's important to blot your lips on a tissue after applying the colour, then re-applying. (This is a little trick my mum taught me in order to achieve maximum colour-payoff.)

Catrice's Ultimate Colour Lipstick in 160 - Tell Me A Berry-tale
Now comes the best bit - adding the second lip colour to the centre of your lips, creating a duo-chrome effect. I went with a bright raspberry pink from Rimmel - In Vogue. (I bought this one last winter and I simply adore it. It's lasted quite a long time too, as it's got very rich colour payoff, so a little goes a very long way!) Apply the second colour to the centre of your lips, blot and repeat.

Rimmel's 38 - In Vogue
This is the finished look:


Hope you like the look! Enjoy experimenting with your own colour combinations (that's the best thing about make-up after all!)

Cheryl
 xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment