Tuesday, October 2, 2012

VOICES Update: Time to Dream... (02/10/12)

The time has come...

Yesterday night was our final dress/technical rehearsal for Voices, and I for one am well and truly excited (as well as SUPER tired)! As I mentioned in my previous posts, production weeks are my favourite weeks of any production, because they bring with them a delightful mix of excitement and pride, as well as the unavoidable long hours (and as a result, lots of tiredness)... However, the fact remains that tonight is our first performance in front of an audience!!

Tonight's performance will be particularly emotional for all of us taking part, as while tomorrow marks the start of our performances in front of a paying audience, tonight's the night we're performing for our beneficiaries. Since Voices is (above all things) a charity concert, each edition is always for the benefit of a particular cause, and this year's cause is particularly close to my heart - Mamma Margherita Home, which is a safe-house for young men who have nowhere else to go. It's a project founded by the Salesians of Don Bosco.

I'm feeling slightly nervous about tonight, but since yesterday's dress rehearsal went so well, I'm sure today's will be even better, as we get to have our hard work appreciated by the people who we're actually doing it for...

Later I'll be writing an article for Password (the monthly newsletter for the Salesian community) about my experience in Voices, including some awesome pics... But for now, just a small teaser - me in my rockin' Voices t-shirt and make-up yesterday before the dress rehearsal started...


Another update coming up tomorrow with my thoughts of opening night... :)

Cheryl
 xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment