Friday, September 28, 2012

NOTW - The Star-Spangled Banner (28/09/12)

Good afternoon everyone!

SOOOOO excited today, for a variety of reasons, but mostly because of the fact that this evening I've got the first technical rehearsal for Voices - Dream A Little Dream! I CANNOT WAIT! Production weeks are my favourite times throughout all the productions I've ever taken part in. Yes, there's a whole load of tension and waiting around during the first rehearsal, but for me it's part of the experience, as you get to see all the hard work you've been doing for the past weeks months come together - and thus starts the HUGE hyper-energy build-up in anticipation for Tuesday, which is our second dress rehearsal, and also the day which we'll be performing for this year's beneficiaries (which are particularly close to my heart) - Mamma Margherita House and the Salesians of Don Bosco. :)

Anywhose, really, really looking forward to the upcoming fortnight!! In fact, to celebrate (and to add a little pizazz to my solo performance) I was inspired to create a Star-Spangled-Banner nail design - according to our stylist, my song is "the one really American and fun number" (his words, though I must agree) - so I thought it would go perfectly with what I'll be wearing.

The finished look :)
I used Max Factor's Redly Nightshade on the bottom halves of my nails, and Deborah's 35 on the top halves. Then using my brilliant french-manicure pen from Essence, I dotted the tops (the stars - duh!) and drew 3 horizontal stripes down the red part of each nail. I love the way it turned out, and will be applying a top coat (Essence's Gel-Look combined with Essence's Fast Drying) every day, to avoid chipping!

Hope you like the tutorial, and look out for some more Voices updates, as well as nail-polish storage/collection posts soon!

Cheryl
 xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment