Monday, May 21, 2012

NOTW - Marble-effect Nails! And new personal mantra... (20/05/12)

I know I'm a few months off, but I've just recently made a personal resolution... Well, actually a couple, but they all boil down to one big one - self-discovery and making my self the awesome-est version of me that I can... In order to achieve that, I've challenged myself to try something new everyday, to better learn what I like/dislike, to enrich my areas of knowledge, to discover new things about myself, and to add on to the things I knew I could do...

The first thing I did to start off my self-challenge, was to try out the "difficult" level of a high-ropes obstacle course that's currently open at Ta Qali (http://www.sportmalta.org.mt/high-ropes-cb260)... Now, since I'm not the fittest of persons, I was slightly sceptical on my decision, but since we were there, I thought I might as well give it a go... It was amazing! And yes, in some parts I was worried I might falter, however, I made it through the 12 different stages unscathed... I'm therefore currently feeling a mixture of pride and muscle cramps, but I figure it's a good thing...

Since I was not exactly in the best physical state for a body-challenge today, I thought I'd do a beauty challenge instead and let my muscles rest for tomorrow's challenge (more on that later)... Now, as I might have mentioned before, I'm not best known for having the steadiest of hands, but I figured that I'd give marble nail-art technique a shot as today's challenge. I recently came across this interesting tutorial on YouTube by Bethany (MacBarbie07) which is the best one I found for marble nail-art:


So it's pretty straight-forward, considering how difficult/awesome it looks:
  1. Fill a small container with room-temperature water
  2. Cover your fingers around your nails with tape
  3. Choose your favourite nail polishes (I went for Max Factor's Red Passion, Essence's Wake Up!/Sundancer/Breakthrough, OPI's Who The Shrek Are You?/Suzi Says Feng Shui and Deborah's 27)
  4. Drip a drop of each polish at random into the container of water
  5. Use a toothpick to "draw" a pattern in the polish
  6. Dip your finger into the polish for a few seconds
  7. When polish is dry, peel off the tape and clean around the edges of each nail
  8. Apply your favourite top coat and you're done!
Since I'm sure you're all wondering how my nails turned out, here are some snap-shots:





I'm really glad with the end-result, and urge those nail-art lovers to give this a go, as it's really cool!

Now, a short note on tomorrow's challenge... I'm going to give the "4-minute workout" a go (http://pinterest.com/pin/69102175502795342/). It looks quite tough, judging by what I saw in the accompanying YouTube video, but if I managed those high ropes, then I've got the strength for 4 minutes of intense work-out... (wish me luck!)

That's all for today!

Cheryl
 xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment