Sunday, September 2, 2012

Top 10 Nail Polishes - Summer 2012 (02/09/12)

Seeing as how it's (already!!!) September, we'll soon be saying goodbye to our bikinis, beach towels and spaghetti-strap tops, and giving a very warm (or should that be "chilly") welcome to autumn and winter (my favourite seasons, please note). Therefore, to start the heralding of the end-of-summer festivities (because, yes, for me the end of summer brings great joy, as I can't stand summer!), I thought I'd list my top 10 favourite nail polishes for this summer...
The Top Ten

23 - Sundancer

26 - Break Through

46 Wake Up!

55 Let's Get Lost

92 Better Late Than Never

490 Iron Mermaiden

Mod About You

Who The Shrek Are You?

500 Peppermint

10 Deep Coral
  1. Essence's Colour & Go polish in 23 Sundancer - you can never go wrong with a bright sunny yellow!
  2. Essence's Colour & Go polish in 26 Beak Through - this adorable violet colour makes me think of my beach towel...
  3. Essence's Colour & Go polish in 46 Wake Up! - let's face it, tangerine was one of the colours for S/S 2012... I might not particularly like it on my clothes, but on my nails, it's a keeper!
  4. Essence's Colour & Go polish in 55 Let's Get Lost - a beautiful aqua colour; quite appropriate, I think...
  5. Essence's Colour & Go polish in 92 Better Late Than Never - this amazing strawberry-red is the perfect mid-way colour between red and pink, and reminds me of strawberry slushies!!
  6. Catrice's Ultimate Nail Lacquer in 490 Iron Mermaiden - my newest purchase, this awesome duo-chrome colour is very similar to Essence's Where Is The Party, but one crucial difference is the mettallic silver undertone, which adds a slight touch of badassness to the purple/green colour...
  7. OPI's Mod About You - I know, I know... Pastels are for spring... I can't help it though, this amazing milky-baby-pink colour has me hooked!
  8. OPI's  Who The Shrek Are You? - A summery sour-apple green which instantly draws attention to your nails!
  9. Rimmel's Lycra Pro polish in 500 Peppermint - possibly one of the most raved about colours  this season, mint is the perfect way to spice things up without standing out too much...
  10. Max Factor's Max Effect Mini polish in 10 Deep Coral - you know you can't have a summery top ten without mentioning CORAL! I love the gold reflects mixed with the bright coral-orange colour!
That's it for the "official" post, now time for some shameless advertising... As you already know, this year I'll be singing with the VOICES choir in the first two weeks of September (I've even got a solo song, if that makes it any more interesting)...This year's theme is Dreams - the concert title is Dream A Little Dream, so you can expect many different inspiring tunes from all your favourite artists! For more info, check out the Voices facebook page here!

Cheryl
 xXx

2 comments:

  1. I love the peppermint Rimmel one...I own that and Im in love with the colour... also it stays for quite some time on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yepp, in fact this summer it was my most worn colour! :)

      Delete