Friday, November 18, 2011

Don't You Hate It When...? (18/11/11) - Christmas Presents

Hey there!

Now that Christmas is getting closer, and various roundabouts and roads around the Maltese Islands are slowly increasing in their sparkly-glittery-lights, there looms the question that has haunted me every single year since I've started buying presents with my own money (or, in other words, since sixth form) - What to but my nearest and dearest for Christmas?

Now I know that the female species are supposed to be super-apt at selecting presents, especially for the people we spend the most time with, but somehow I always manage to end up rushing through Sliema and Valletta with an-ever growing expression of exasperation on my face. How is it that the act of shopping could leave me so aggravated, you ask? Well, the answer is simple. After having bought various items for the same people year after year, it becomes increasingly difficult to come up with different ideas for gifts, particularly for my sisters, mother and boyfriend.

In fact, my beloved and I have - ever so romantically - decided between ourselves to buy each other out Christmas gifts together, that way we'd both get what we most want/need - particularly him... I consider myself fairly easy to shop for... An accessory here, a bag there and I'm done... Men however are much harder to figure out...and there are only so many wallets/after-shaves/pairs of socks (?) that you can buy without seeming extremely unoriginal, thus our fool-proof plan of co-buying Christmas presents to avoid any possible misunderstanding. Don't judge!

My sisters are somewhat easier to shop for - particularly my younger one, as she's most like me: accessories, clothes, make-up, and also PS2 games, Spongebob items (she loves her some Spongebob -_-')... My middle sister is a bit trickier, as she isn't as accessory/make-up/fashion obsessed, so a nice bag wouldn't quite cut it... I always manage to figure something out eventually. Last year I was feeling particularly inventive, example, as I bought them a charm bracelet each, with their own unique charms according to their different personalities/likes. 

It is for this reason in particular that I thank God every Christmas for EBAY, Play.com and other online shops, which present us with a myriad of items that we, as a lonely island in the Mediterranean, would not have access to.

Here are my go-to shops for presents:



Of course, there are other shops which I look through randomly, but these 4 always produce winners...

Happy shopping!

Cheryl
 xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment