Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Musicology (08/11/11) - Ingrid Michaelson

It is only fitting, I believe, that my first Musicology post be dedicated specifically to my favourite artist ever - Ingrid Michaelson. Now why exactly is she so great...?

Glad you asked...

Ten Reasons Why Ingrid Michaelson KICKS ASS:

  1. Her lyrics. Seriously, the way she uses unusual metaphors "I will unravel my love / Like an old red woollen glove" (Lady In Spain)
  2. She wrote Cheryl Cole's hit single Parachute! Then went on to record a kick-ass version of it. Her version?
  3. Her wacky sense of humour. Don't believe me? Watch this
  4. Her gigs are hilarious! I watched her live in May '10 in London, and she was amazing! This is just a little preview of her epicocity
  5. She sounds better live than on record (if that is even possible)
  6. Her duets are amazing. Winter Song ft. Sara Bareilles  ; You & I  ; I'll See You In My Dreams
  7. She dresses amazingly! It's like a mix between casual, girly, street-smart... I <3 IT! 
  8. Her ukulele has a red ribbon tied to it... Like a trade-mark of her Ingrid-ness.... xD
  9. Epic dance-moves while covering a Britney song (all the while making the song sound a million times better than Britney ever could...
  10. She wrote this
However, don't take my word for it... Check her out yourselves and get lost in all her Ingridness!!

Cheryl
 xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment