Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hejters Kijp Hejtink... ;)


And now, boys and girls, time for a little lesson in self-defence...!

(Not really...) 

If you check the links at the bottom of the Cherology page, you'll see one named My YouTube Channel. Feel free to click it and watch some of my videos - mostly me singing to myself. There's also that 'Cuz I'm Maltese one that has been up for about 2 and a half years and has, for reasons unknown to me, attracted a sudden wave of attention. *

For the most part, any foreigners or Maltese people who watched it and liked it, just left me short messages to which I replied very happily with "Thanks!". However, unfortunately, some people - mostly Maltese, I'm sad to admit - felt the compelling need to either insult me, my family (God knows why), and anyone who dared stick up for me virtually...

Now, I'm not saying that everyone should like my videos... Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and I accept that and enforce it. By all means, if anyone feels that they can provide me with some constructive - note the emphasis on the word "constructive" (THERE IT IS AGAIN!!) - criticism, they can leave their thoughts in the comment section below ;) that's what it's there for, after all... However, if you're going to use the comments as an excuse to vent out your frustrations in a purely infantile and, let's just be frank, like an asshole, then your comments are in no way welcome, and will be dealt with in one of two ways, depending on the severity of the comment: 

1: A witty comeback (thank God for Blackadder, I learnt a few useful things), instructions to not watch the video if, indeed, I had offended them so
2: If they don't get the hint, and keep littering my comment section with their idiocy, I just delete their comments altogether (I have no use for negativity...)

**DISCLAIMER: Some comments might be so idiotic in either their wording, or the actual point of the comment, that I decide to leave them there purely for comedic purposes... I invite you to read some of them through if you ever have some free time on your hands...**

There were a couple of asshats who were so frustrated by my "offensive" video, that they even tried to find me on facebook (good luck with that) and left horrible comments on the only video they could find of me, which had been uploaded by a friend of mine. It happened to be of me singing (for a change), but of course, their comments had nothing to do with the content of the video, and everything to do with the fact that they had nothing better to do with their time. I have included a censored print screen of the offending duo (here called the Wicked Witch of the North and the Wicked Witch of the South). Enjoy:


I (luckily) don't know them personally, but from their comments, I can tell that they are both highly intelligent human beings whom hold great regard for other people's feelings... (not) As if that weren't enough, one of them even tried to add me as a friend on facebook... I'm sorry, but some people are absolutely, insanely stupid.... Yeah, sure, of course I'll accept your friend request, you lunatic! I love being harassed by strangers who are (quoting a friend of mine) "hamalli jintnu pesti bl-IQ forma ta' doughnut" ("stinky chavs with IQs in the shape of a doughnut" for any non-Maltesers) - which, in my humble opinion, describes them perfectly....

Haha, seems I've run out of time... Thanks again for reading my posts! 

Cheryl
 xXx 

*I have since removed the video from my YouTube channel as it was distracting attention from my singing and blog videos... Cheryl

2 comments:

  1. OMG. Can't believe they said that. Unfortunately instead of supporting local talents.. Maltese tend to supress them. Idiots. I happen to like your singing. If they don't.. they should just hit the close button. That's what I do when I don't like a video. I don't waste any time commenting on it. :O xxxx stay strong hunny xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dyna! The video was not of me singing, it was a video in which I listed some Maltese stereotypes and poked fun at them a bit... I had no idea that some Maltese are so "patriotic" (otherwise known as born without a sense of humour) and were going to take it so seriously... It was done about 3 years ago as a joke, that's why I just deleted the video in the end... Too much hassle for such a stupid thing... ;)

    ReplyDelete